THE EIFFEL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR 2022
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2022 – Campus France, the French Agency for the promotion of higher education, international student services and international mobility, is responsible for managing and monitoring your academic program in France. In order to become familiar with your rights and obligations, we invite you to read the following practical information.
Every French region has its specificities. By studying in France, you will discover a diverse country with a rich and multi-cultural history.
1 – Duration of the The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2022
Master’s level :
- The Eiffel scholarship is granted to cover a predefined number of months in order to help the recipient follow the academic program for which his/her application has been granted. Students must comply with the academic requirements of each academic year in order to continue benefitting from the scholarship.
- Apart from language training, the scholarship shall not exceed 12 months for a Master’s 2 level, 24 months for a Master’s 1 level and 36 months for an engineering degree.
- Should the student wish to take an intensive language course beforehand, the Eiffel scholarship duration can be extended by a maximum of two months, if this is clearly indicated in the application. The Eiffel scholarship does not cover the cost of such language courses.
- The scholarship may cover internship periods of no more than 25% of the total duration of the master program (please see “duration of the scholarship” at page 4 of the application file)
- The internship period must be an integral part of the course and be referred as mandatory in the higher education institution curriculum. If the internship is not mandatory or exceeds the 25% of the master duration, the scholarship will be interrupted.
- The academic program is only covered by the Eiffel scholarship for periods taking place in France.
- If the academic program includes an international academic exchange, in a different institution, the scholarship shall be suspended for period spent abroad, with deferral of the scholarship.
- If the academic program includes an international academic exchange in the same institution, the scholarship shall be suspended during the period spent abroad, without deferral of the scholarship.
- Gap years are allowed, but not financed.
- If the student signs an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract, the scholarship shall be automatically terminated.
- The Eiffel scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 12 months.
- Only law students can take French language courses alongside their studies. This must be clearly requested by the Institution in the application.
- If the language course is not clearly requested in the application, it will not be granted afterwards. The Eiffel scholarship does not cover the cost of such language courses.
- With the approval of the Selection Commission, the scholarship can be divided into 2 or 3 periods in France of 3 or 4 months each. The scholarship can be divided over a maximum of 3 calendar years.
- The Scholarship covers one round-trip international ticket.
In order to receive the first instalment of the monthly allowance, students must have started their academic program at the host institution in France.
Higher education institutions are responsible of immediately informing Campus France of any relevant event that may delay the student’s graduation.
2 – Benefits of the scholarship
- Tuition fees are not covered by the Eiffel Program. Educational institutions are expected to provide students the best financial support..
- Students admitted to public educational institutions are, as French government scholarship holders, exempted from enrolment fees.
- Master’s level: Eiff The Eiffel scholarship consist of a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150). In addition, the program covers various benefits including a round-trip international ticket, Health insurance and cultural activities.
Students may also benefit from a housing allowance.
- PhD level : The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400. In addition, the program covers various benefits including a round-trip international ticket, Health insurance and cultural activities.
- The Eiffel Program is reserved for non-French nationals.
- Candidates with two nationalities of which one is French are not eligible.
- Age. Candidates for the master’s component must be 25 or under at the time of the
- 2022 competition—that is, they must have been born after the 31 of March 1996.
- Candidates for the doctoral component must be 30 or under at the time of the 2022
- competition; they must have been born after the 31 of March 1991
TIMELINE FOR The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2022
- Opening of the call for applications: week of September 27, 2021
- Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January 7th 2022.
- Publication of results: week of 4 April, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
I strong advice you read programme guide below.
Only applications submitted by French higher education institutions are accepted.
- You are an institution and you have already participated in the Eiffel program => You should have received an email concerning the download of application files. If that is not the case, please contact us mailto:email@example.com.
- You are an institution participating for the first time in the Eiffel Program => Please Contact us in order download the application files.
- You are a student interested in participating in the Eiffel program