International Scholarships Eastern Michigan University Information 2021 – 2022
Established in 1849, Eastern Michigan University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the medium-sized town of Ypsilanti (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), Michigan.
This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Ann Arbor. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Higher Learning Commission, Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution.
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details.
This 170 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 60-70% making this US higher education organization a somewhat selective institution. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Graduate degree in any subject area offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, students must be admitted as a Non-Resident for tuition purposes.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six graduate credit hours if appointed Fall and Winter semesters, and one graduate credit for the Summer semester
- Make progress toward completing a graduate program of study filed with the Office of Records and
- Registration, without an excessive number of incompletes or course withdrawals
Eastern Michigan University will provide a tuition funding for up to 9 graduate credit hours of tuition waiver per semester, with a limit of 18 graduate credit hours per academic year (September 1 to August 31) of the assistantship.
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this award, applicants are required to take admission in a graduate program at the university. After that, applicants must either seek an assistantship through their academic department/school or find one online.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following documents:
- You may complete an application and upload a resume, letters of recommendation or other hiring materials requested by the department.
- Admission Requirements: If you have a high GPA, you may be admitted even if your test score is below our average. If you have a high test score, you may be admitted with a lower-than-average GPA.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Application Deadline: November 1
Apply online official website