Founded in 1965, Lakehead University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the rural setting of the large town of Thunder Bay (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Ontario. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Ontario, Lakehead University (LU) is a medium-sized (uniRank enrollment range: 8,000-8,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Lakehead University (LU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study.
Take advantage of one of Canada’s most generous university scholarship programs. We make paying for your university degree easier so you can focus on your education.
Non-Canadian citizens who are entering Lakehead University from a high school, or who are transferring from an international college or university, will be considered for the Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships. The scholarship is available to the top international students applying to Lakehead University for 2022-2023.
International Entrance Scholarships 2022-2023
Automatically considered. No scholarship application is required.
(in Canadian dollars)
||$40,000 ($10,000 x 4 years)1
|80.0% – 89.9%
||$30,000 ($7,500 x 4 years)2
|75.0% – 79.9%
||$6,000 ($6,000 in Year 1 only)3
1 Renewable provided a 90% average is achieved in each academic year. If a student’s university academic average falls between 80.0% – 89.9%, the student will receive an amended scholarship valued at $7,500 CAD/year for each subsequent academic year for the remaining term of the scholarship.
2 Renewable provided an 80% average is achieved in each academic year.
3 Non-renewable, one-time only scholarship awarded in Year 1.
4 Maximum length of scholarship term is 4 academic years or until the first degree is awarded, whichever occurs first. To be considered eligible for scholarship consideration, recipients must be entering Years 1, 2, or 3 of a minimum 4-year undergraduate degree program. Recipients whose status changes and may be charged domestic fees will have their scholarship value reassessed to equate to the domestic entrance scholarship grid and regulations available at that time.
How and When are Entrance Scholarship Offers Made?
Entrance Scholarship averages are awarded based on the Canadian equivalent of your average used for admission consideration. Scholarship Offers will be extended in two rounds. Round One will take place in February 2022, and Round Two will take place in April 2022. A limited number of International Entrance Scholarships are available. International students considering Lakehead University are encouraged to apply to the University early in order to be considered for the two Entrance Scholarship rounds.
Can my entrance scholarship be applied to my academic English program costs?
No. Your Entrance Scholarship will be applied to your first-year tuition to an undergraduate degree program once you have successfully completed Lakehead University’s Academic English Program.
Please note that all of the above scholarship values, eligibility requirements, and criteria are subject to change without notice.
- Eligible Countries: International entrants from all foreign countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate programmes offered at Lakehead University are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be non-Canadian students enrolling in an undergraduate degree study at Lakehead Scholarships
- How to Apply: Lakehead University accepts applications through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre Non-Canadian applicants will directly be considered when they apply.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts
- The consent form and reference letter
- Official post-secondary transcripts
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum overall average of C / 60% or equivalent to get admitted to Lakehead University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- IELTS – 6.5
- MELAB – 85
- CAEL – 60
In addition to the entrance scholarships (based on academic merit), international Lakehead-Georgian students starting Fall 2022 are eligible for the $4,000 International Visionary Award.
Application Deadline: 7th December 2022